The City of Longmont collaborated with Historic Eastside residents to develop a master plan for Collyer Park in 2003. The areas of focus are still relevant today.
- Enhancing: the park’s historic character: through period lighting and the style of benches, etc.
- Replacing: older trees as they die off.
- Preserving: the open multi-use grass areas.
- Renovating: the restrooms and playground.
- Incorporating: two new shelters.
Fun fact: Robert Collyer was born in England, and was a dedicated opponent of slavery.
For more details click here.
Also for meeting notes, click here .2003 Collyer Park masterplan meeting